Monday, November 20, 2023

Random Stuff

The new job is going well as can be expected. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the things I've had to learn but I'm feeling a little more comfortable every day. Everyone is helpful. Several people gave me their phone numbers and told me to call anytime if I need anything. 

I already love some of the resident's I've met! They are all so sweet! I think they are going to be the best part of my job! 

Tomorrow I will be on my own for the first time. 

We did get the bedroom painted. I'm not going to post any pictures yet because I want to finish decorating the room. It came out very nice though! 

A while back I posted about my son Chris having feral chickens in his backyard. Someone asked what he is going to do if they are still around when winter hits. I said knowing him I didn't think he would just leave them out to the elements, and I was right. 


He bought this chicken coop kit off Am@zon and put it together for them! It's outside now and he says they're warming up to it. Their still free to come and go but now they have somewhere to go when it gets cold and snowy! 

Shauna and Brad got passports for the boys. These are their pictures. 


Even those are so cute! 

I got my Christmas tree put up over the weekend. This is another one of my miniatures that I turned into a Christmas ornament. 



The whole thing is less than 4" tall and each little cup is 1/2 inch tall. I remember being so excited to find cups with mine and Shauna's names on them because it's rare to find our names on anything! 

My Thanksgiving cactus is blooming right on time. 

It's smaller and doesn't have as many blooms this year because I cut it back and transplanted it to a new pot over the summer. I'm just glad to see it bloomed at all! 

Well, that's it for now. I'm having about 10 people for Thanksgiving this year so I'm looking forward to a quiet one. Then I work for the next 4 days! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, love and good food! 

See you the next time and thanks for stopping by! 

14 comments:

  1. It is nerve wracking learning a new job but it sounds like you got it. Sometimes, we think we aren't ready to go it alone, but the ones training you already know you can. We are harder on ourselves.

    I'd do the same as your son, with the chicken coop. I'm glad he is tender hearted to animals. The passport photos of the grandsons are adorable. Your "Thanksgiving cactus is beautiful. I used to have a "Christmas cactus" years ago. They are always nice to have and beautiful when blooming. Cute little ornament you made. I enjoy the mini's as well. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the people at your new job are so nice. Cute passport pics.. my eldest always has a such a tough time keeping a straight face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cactus is beautiful! I'm so glad the new job is doing well. the kid's photos are adorable. What a cool chicken coop. Around here, people have coops with lights and steps! Lucky chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cactus, mine is blooming too. :)
    NICE home for the chickens.
    Glad to hear the new job is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed the post about the job so I had to go back and read it. This is so exciting! I know you will love the residents. They were my favorite at my old job and I still love talking to our older patients on the phone.
    Those are such cute passport pictures! I like the chicken coop too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very nice coop. I know the chickens will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're setteling in at the new job. It helps to have nice co workers.
    Your cactus is really pretty. I had one years ago that I kept alive for quite a long time. I finally killed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the job is working out for you! SWEET Chris!! The Protector...
    Babies photos are cute...
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just so thrilled for you about this new job, and I know you will be a total asset to the facility, every single day. Those pictures of Max and Levi are just precious and should be framed, not just put into passports! Can't wait to see your room all decorated. And good for Chris, looking out for the feral chickens! That ornament is DARLING. I want one!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear you're enjoying the new job. Your grandsons are so cute. Love the ornament. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you are getting comfortable with your new position...and I can only imagine how sweet the residents are.
    I love the little mug ornament.
    The boys are gonna travel the world?! 😳😳

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy "belated" Thanksgiving to you Jeannette! Congratulations on your new job, and I know you will be such a blessing to the residents! So exciting to get projects finished! The chicken house looks like a wonderful way to take care of these hardy chicken souls! Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great idea, turning miniatures into xmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you like your new job. Your grandsons are adorable. I like the ornament. https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Dump and a Break

  Here's some random photos from my phone.   This is a throwback photo from 4th of July 2021. I miss them being that little! This year S...