I recently went to two estate sales on the same day. This was the first house.
It's a 5-bedroom, 4 bath house that recently sold for $1,399,000.00. This was a private estate sale given by the owners of the house. That is not always a good thing because when they are the owners of the house they tend to walk around with you and watch every move you make! I get it. They don't want anything stolen but it makes me uncomfortable and I don't feel free to browse like I normally like to do!
That being said, I decided to have a conversation with the lady of the house while she was walking around with me! I found out that they owned the house for 14 years and are moving to Florida!
The house was beautiful and well kept. Everything they were selling was clean and very well presented. I did not get a lot of pictures because of her being with me most of the time, but I manage to sneak a few when she wasn't looking!
I liked the curved staircase coming up from the basement.
The upper level of the house was roped off so the sale was only on the main floor and basement. I did enjoy walking around and talking to the owner. I told her she should go into the estate sale business when she gets to Florida!
Here's what I bought at this sale.
Ever the practical me bought unopened Q-tips and plackers! Total spent: $3
The next sale was at this condo: This is a 3-bedroom 2 bath condo that is 3,338 sq ft and recently sold for $460,000.Clearly used and priced at $10 for the small one and $15 for the 9 x 13.
It was priced at $20. Most of the clothes were priced $15-20. Not my size although I wouldn't pay those prices anyway!




















.jpg)
This wedding photo is a real treasure. The first house is lovely. An open concept and fancy! The condo is really nice, too. But the prices! And that loaf pan is an INSULT to shoppers!!! And all the prices are too high. I do love the blue top. And I could use the pill keeper. But I would not buy anything because of their prices and selling that loaf pan.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't like someone walking around me as I'm shopping. I remember a few decades ago there was a retail furniture place that had all these salespeople lined up and as soon as you entered they would attach themselves to you. You had to be firm repeatedly. I think we only bought one thing there and never shopped there again.
ReplyDeleteThe old photo is charming. Yes hats were big. I wish they still were. I love the old hats back then.
Nice practical purchases. Your mother's gown is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat's a big and expensive house!! It looks nice though tucked under the trees. I like that dish too.
ReplyDeleteWeird to use duct tape as the price tag!! That will not be easy to get off what a person would purchase.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing both homes and sales.
I love the wedding photo. I love hats.
:-)
Carla
The first house looks lovely, and I’m glad you found a few practical bargains.
ReplyDeleteThe condo sale seemed way overpriced, especially that loaf pan! Your parents’ wedding photo is a treasure to have.
That first house is beautiful. I wouldn't like someone following me around though. Those prices at the second one are crazy.
ReplyDeleteThat first home is fancy posh!
ReplyDeleteWho uses duct tape for price tags? On cookware, even? You couldn't pay me $3 to take that loaf pan.
That wedding photo of your parents is beautiful. The hats and the whole style from back then always feel so elegant.
ReplyDeleteI do not like someone tagging along with me while I am looking/shopping. The prices on items at the condo do seem pretty high especially that worn out pan. Love the photo, her dress was gorgeous and I always loved wearing hats years ago.
ReplyDeleteI love all of those finds wow (Danielle)
ReplyDeleteOK that first house needs an update and I shudder to think what that might cost. I like the sound of a 3,000+ square foot condo, but wow they're out of their minds with those prices. What a treasure, that pic of your folks and grandparents at their wedding. That certainly was a different time! xoxo ♥️🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteI completely understand why the homeowner would be inclined to follow people around, so as not to have anything stolen. Years ago we opened our home up to the historic Christmas Home Tour and someone stole a cup (left the saucer) on the table that I had set in the dining room. That said, I wouldn’t buy a thing if someone was following me like that.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I went to like 20 open house when we were in NM. It was fun and interesting to see all those beautiful homes. They were model homes mostly so they just let us go around.
ReplyDeleteOMG, everyone is moving to Florida. We're FULL!! 😂
ReplyDeleteI actually like the practical things you purchased. I also could not fathom buying a used swimsuit...that just seems wrong.
I probably won't ever move to Florida. You're welcome! LOL!
Delete