Monday, August 10, 2026

Miscellaneous This and That

As I mentioned in my previous post, I decided not to keep the White sewing machine that my friend gave me. It's a nice machine but it definitely shows its age. 


After I found the Singer and had a chance to mess around with it, I decided that this is the one I wanted to hang on to! 


It was built in 1977 which makes it my newest sewing machine!  I don't think it was used very much. I cleaned it up a little and oiled all the moving parts and it works like new! It does some super fancy stitches which I'll probably never use but will have fun experimenting with them! 

I decided to put the Singer in the cabinet that the White was in. I won't go into too much detail, but we managed to get the old sewing machine out and the new one in and it fit perfectly!

Here's Rich doing the final tightening of the screws. 



And I put the White machine in the Singer case for donation. 


There is a tomato plant at work that grows the tiniest tomatoes I've ever seen! 



I think it's called a micro dwarf tomato plant but I'm not sure! All I know is they are super tiny and taste really good! 

My friend and I went to an estate sale that really wasn't worth posting about but I wanted to show you the mailbox. 

Fancy! 

Also, this particular house had a very nice walk out basement and sunroom! 



I wish I had taken more pictures of the basement. The rest of the house was nothing special.  I also didn't buy anything. 

Finally, when you go to a mega church like ours the children's choir is no joke!


They were so cute and did a good job! 

That's all I have for now. 

Until the next time take care and thanks for reading!


22 comments:

  1. Glad the sewing machine fit into that cabinet.
    I've never seen such tiny tomatoes!
    That's quite a mailbox. I'm intrigued by the pans in the basement. Are they cake pans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet that children's choir was something by else with all those sweet voices. I would have enjoyed this very much. Just something by about young voices and children's art.
    Fancy mailbox.
    So you did good with the "new" sewing machine. I have my moms and a Kenmore that I bought in the 80's and one of those small ones when I don't want to make a big production. I really should make time to play around with them once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mailbox looks like something the Addams Family would have! Wow, teeny tomatoes. I have heard that the larger a fruit is, the less flavor it has. Looks like a wonderful sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That machine looks like it was made for that cabinet. I’ve never seen tomatoes like that before. They’re so tiny. Love that sunroom room and the basement looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Singer seems like a sturdy, reliable machine. I’m glad it cleaned up so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Singer looks like a good solid machine. I’m glad it cleaned up so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Singer is almost identical to the one I have from my grandmother. It looks nice in the sewing table. Love that sunroom and walk out basement. You must go to a very large church to have that many children. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job with the sewing machine swap.
    What a tiny tomato! Never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun to catch up with you. I like the sewing table. :-)
    And I have not seen such tiny tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I've never seen such tiny tomatoes. Mine tomatoes are finally turning red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a HUGE children's choir. I'd say that mailbox was a 'choice' as the kids say nowadays! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the children's choir at your church is a blessing just to see in this picture, let alone the pleasure of hearing their precious voices.There are some songs from my junior choir days (in the 1960s!!!) that still minister to my spirit. And then there are the hymns our churches enjoyed back then, too. I love them so much.

    Congrats on that "new" old Singer machine. I had one either just like it or very similar, years ago, of course. Now I have 2 machines, an inexpensive Singer from Walmart that I used to take with me to sewing groups, and also a much heavier Pfaff that cost me an arm and a leg with all of its fancy bells and whistles. I seldom need to sew on a machine these days, but when I do, it's the inexpensive Singer I set up on the kitchen table. So much simpler, so light-weight, and easier to remember how it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you are so clever to know how to bring that Singer up to speed, and yay for Rich, getting it snug in the cabinet! You are going to have fun with that. And I LOVE that basement and sunroom! If I lived there, I'd spend most of my time in that sunroom! Ugh I love being inside and having a big view of outside xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the Singer fit right in—looks meant to be. And wow, those tomatoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look like cherry tomatoes. I find that cherry tomatoes have a far better taste than the full size tomatoes. I have not had good luck with tomatoes this year. I haven’t had good luck with cucumbers either. Some years are better than others. Currently, my big boy tomatoes have Blight so I’m getting ready to pull those up like I have the green beans and the cucumbers. Honestly, for what I pay to put my deck garden together I think I would be better served going to the local farmers market and spending money there. That is a heck of a mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1977?! That belongs to a museum. And I love going to museums and looking at things of the past (or future).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your posts are always interesting! I can't believe how well the singer machine into the cabinet. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had bought one in 1974, Kenmore, that I really wish I'd kept!
    You're going to have fun...
    Love that mailbox! Keeps idiots from using baseball bats on it...that sometimes is a "thing" here in Texas...
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your 1977 sewing machine is your newest. I love that! I really wish I were better at sewing with a machine; my G'ma, Mom, and Aunt were so good at it. My MIL is a professional seamstress; even she couldn't get me to do it very well.
    Love the children's choir, and man, that is quite the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that is a children’s choir. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you were able to switch out the sewing machines so you could use the cabinet. Wish I knew how to clean up and oil and sewing machine. I have an old Singer Treadle Machine, and though I don't really sew anymore; think it would be fun to play with it some. LOVE the mailbox, never saw one like that. I've only been to a Mega Church twice, maybe three times and thought they felt so impersonal. These were churches out of town. Two were for weddings. And the 3rd was with a friend. I prefer a smaller congregation; but think hearing that many kiddo's singing would probably be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not good with a sewing machine.. Nice that you were able to fit the new one into the table. That is one fancy mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Quick Getaway

Earlier this week we took a quick getaway to Tawas City, MI to visit with my brother Tom and sister-in-law Debbie. They have a 5th wheel the...