Monday, December 10, 2007

Shopping and Icy weather

This whole weekend was spent shopping pretty much.



My family does a gift exchange where you bring a gift for a female if you are a female and a male if you are a male. We limit it to $25. We pick numbers and as your number comes up you can pick a gift from the pile. It's actually pretty fun. Swapping is optional; if you see something you would rather have you can swap if the other person is willing.



This year I bought a huge (2 million candle power or something like that) rechargeable flashlight for the male part of the gift. Rich was practically drooling when he saw it so I guess I am going to have to get him one too! For the female portion I got a wooden box with assorted teas in it and a huge mug. I think I did good and hopefully whoever gets our gifts will like them.



I got approximately 2/3 of the shopping done. It wasn't too busy or crazy. I tried to get out early enough to beat the crowds.



Marie and I went to breakfast and then to the jewelry store in town. I wanted to see if I could get my diamond from my engagement ring set into a pendant. Unfortunately, gold is at about $800 a ounce so it would be too expensive right now. That's OK. I'm not in any rush.



The streets in my subdivision were a solid sheet of ice this morning. Driving out I never touched the gas pedal, just idled all the way. Once I got on the main streets they were fine. They are supposed to be bad tomorrow morning too. I am supposed to go and get blood drawn for a A1C test but I may cancel. It's too far to drive in crappy weather.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did great on both gifts. The cluster is little snowmen faces. xoxo Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea on the gift exchange. My sister-in-law mentioned us drawing names and I was trying to figure out how that would work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!