Friday, July 18, 2008

TGIF And One More Week

It's been a week since I posted. Funny, I always have the desire to write something but can't really come up with anything worthy to write about!

Shauna had her 27Th birthday last week. I can't believe my baby is 27 years old! Where does the time go? Oh never mind, I don't want to know!

I was extra busy at work this week because my coworker is on vacation. It wasn't crazy busy but enough that I did not stop for the whole day, and now that it's Friday I am pretty tired. Glad for the weekend, as usual.

We booked a trip to Las Vegas for September. Two of my brothers and their families are going. So is my dad and his girlfriend. Shauna is not going to go. Chris may go on strike at his job so they may drive out there and spend a few weeks seeing the sights. We should have a lot of fun, anyway. We plan on renting a car and driving to a couple of different outlying areas.

I ordered a new vanity top for my bathroom. The one there now is pretty old and one of the sinks is cracked. I didn't have any problem picking out the top, it was the faucets that I had problems with. I just couldn't decide. Of course, the one's I really liked were, like $200 each! Anyway, I finally found some I could live with for a price I could live with too. It should be here in about three weeks.

One more week of work and I am on vacation for two weeks! Woo hoo! The first week we are going to take a little trip up to the UP, WAY up, to Houghton and Copper Harbor. I have lived my whole life in this state and never been that far north. I am looking forward to it because it is beautiful country up there. Lots of waterfalls and beautiful shorelines!

For my second week off I plan on devoting to painting the master bath and the master bedroom, both of which badly need it! It's a big job but honestly, I think it will be easier than painting the small half bath downstairs. At least there will be room to move around a little! I will be posting before and after pictures.



All the rain we have had has made the flowers in the backyard grow like crazy. Look how the wave petunias just overflow the barrel!

They're even growing out of the bottom!

2 comments:

  1. See, you had a ton of stuff to talk about! Time will go fast and your vacation will be here before you know it. Time to shake out those cobwebs, have a little fun, and rejuvenate the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter. My oldest daughter will be 25 in September. Time does fly! She is finally through with college and got her RN job in labor and delivery and living in an apartment. Soon she will be able to pay all her own bills.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!