Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stuff

This morning I read that one of my regular blog reads, Linda over at All & Sundry had to put her 15-year-old lab to sleep. I've been feeling depressed all morning now. She is such a eloquent writer and the last line just about did me in! I should know better to read this stuff while I'm at work because I tear up and have to go hide in the bathroom!

My coworker is on vacation for the next two weeks so I'm on my own here. So far so good. I'm keeping up with everything and actually getting ahead a little, which explains why I'm able to slack off and do this entry!

Yesterday for the third time this year I got caught in a torrential downpour on my way to my car from work! Third time I drove home with wet clothes. I even had an umbrella but the wind was blowing so hard it was soaking me! One of my few job hazards!!

Next weekend is the 4th of July already! That Saturday we have to go to Rich's nieces baby's first birthday party and Sunday my nephew and his fiance are having a party at their new house. Busy time...unless we decided to chuck everything and just go up north for the weekend! That is sounding mighty good to me right now!

Enjoy the rest of the week!!

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry for your friend, buddy. That's sad.

    Well, you could chuck everything and come down here; it's only about l03, all the woods are on fire and no rain predicted. But, the air conditioner (I'm almost scared to say) still works. :)

    I can't believe next weekend is the 4th. Are you sure? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I'm so sorry for your friend. Reading that would have me crying in no time.
    Boy, did we ever get rain here. There were funnel clouds sighted just minutes from where we are. Funny enough, during the tornado warning to the north the sky was cloudy and stormy and to the south it was blue with white puffy clouds. A little while later, we got the real storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, that's a bummer that your friend had to put her dog to sleep. I sure wish dogs lived to be as long as we do, darn it. But 15 years old is a long time for a lab!

    It also stinks that you have such a long walk to your work and back and that you keep getting soaked. Maybe you should invest in a heavy-duty rain poncho? Tom has one (it's huge) and it looks like it came from Joe's Army/Navy Surpluss store, but it's long enough to keep everything dry but his feet, and it even has a hood! And it ties around your waist so the wind can't kick it up.

    We plan to attend Mike/Sarah's July 3rd party too. But if you guys do decide to head up north, have a great time, and be sure to drive extra safely, k?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, how sad...I've been there. I'll go over and check on her.
    Have a good weekend!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always so hard to put a beloved pet (family member) down. I haven't had a chance to go over to read her post, but I already feel sad.

    We will take a little or all of your rain! Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!