Sunday, June 12, 2011

Work, work, WORK!!

Being a homeowner is never ending worry, work and expense! That is unless you have enough money to let someone else do all the work, but we don't so we are pretty much stuck doing all our own maintenance! So needless to say, stuff gets done when it REALLY needs it. Take for example the wood trim around the garage and the side door.




I'm sure my neighbor next door, Sue, appreciates this view outside her kitchen window when she's doing her dishes!!

OK I took these pictures after I have been scraping and sanding all of the loose paint off, but believe me it didn't look a whole lot better than before!

So I took Monday and Tuesday off from work for vacation days and guess what I'll be doing? Yep, painting! The trim will be white and the door is going to be Merlot, which is a deep wine color.

Plus I'll be painting the front door, but that will be it's own post later on!

Be back on Tuesday with after pictures!!

5 comments:

  1. But then you have that satisfaction of a job well done...hmm I think I'd rather have the money to hire someone! We're in the same boat, plus our business is on our property. There's always something to do here.
    Good luck and can't wait to see the "after" pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You speak the truth, girl.

    Look forward to the pics. Take it slow, though; don't get overtired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, oh dear! Yes, I DO understand! We had to scrap by and do things ourselves for many, many years. And it had to be done while we weren't working! It is not easy to keep up with it all. But thrift does has its reward later on, I can attest! And I can't wait to see the final result of all of your hard work and cheer you on!!! Once you get into the project, you are undoubtably a woman on a mission, LOL. "Get 'er done!" "Kick butt and take names!" "Stand back and get out of my way or I'll put you to work"! Yes, that is exactly why I am keeping a safe distance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a GOOD neighbor! Most neighbors could care less what others think! We have several in our neighboehood!
    Don't over do it!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We share your pain, Net. Seems like there's always something breaking or needing to be done when you own a home.

    However, I do look forward to seeing your "after" pics because when you and Rich do a job, you always do a GREAT job!

    Try to take some time on your days off to relax too, if you can. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!