Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Weekend

It's the last day of our long holiday weekend and the first day that I actually felt good!

Friday I felt kind of dragged out and had a sinus headache and sore throat. I hadn't slept well the night before so I figured I was probably just tired. Went to bed early and took drugs to insure I had a good nights sleep!

Saturday morning I felt good enough to take a nice long walk and have breakfast with Marie, but by late morning I was dragging again. And my sinus headache and sore throat were back.

I ended up staying home while Rich and Shauna went to his little great-nephew Xander's first birthday party.


Here he is with his grandma, Rich's sister Judy.


Such a little cutie! I'm sorry I missed seeing him and his parents. They live in South Carolina and don't get back to Michigan often.

Oh, and the temperature actually reached 100 degrees!

Sunday we went for a BBQ at my nephew Mike and his fiance Sarah's new house. They bought an old farmhouse, built in the 1800's and owned by the same family for 100 years!


It is very pretty inside and has some neat features; a nice mixture of old and new, like this old natural stone fireplace with a heart shaped stone in the middle:


A modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and this beautiful new farmhouse sink


Modern faucet in the bathroom


And an old bell on the back porch roof which I assume was used to call workers in from the fields for meals!


We were ringing it a little, but it's pretty loud and I'm sure the neighbors would not appreciate hearing it too often!

Their property includes some pond front property across the road from them. There's Mike, Rich, Sarah and my nephew Jeff checking out the dock.


Very nice house and we're happy for them!

Today we just went to Island Lake for a little picnic and to stick our feet in the water!

It was pretty crowded and we only stayed a couple hours.

So it was a fairly nice weekend. Tonight we'll probably sit on the front porch and watch all the illegal fireworks that will be shot off in the park of our subdivision!


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Well shucks, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! That stinks. :(

    Such a little cutie, he's adorable! And, I LOVE the house your nephew bought. Old houses seem to be what everyone is wanting these days and I have an affinity for them also, at least to look at!

    Take care, buddy, and feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better too! You looked pretty tired on Sunday. You could tell you weren't feeling 100%. I hate that sore throat/headache stuff.

    Really nice pictures of Mike & Sarah's new house! I never did take one of that gorgeous fireplace, so I'm glad you did.

    And now it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. Ugh. But at least we were able to have 3 days off, and that's always a welcome blessing.

    Have a nice, short-week at work, Net, and stay healthy, SIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Granddaughter Sami just got back from the Dr with the Same symptoms! He put her on an antibiotic...possible strepthroat!
    If it persist, get to a Dr!!!
    LOVE that house!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you were under the weather. I think we picked up something from our trek across the country!

    Thank you for the pictures. I enjoyed each and every one of them - especially the "house tour."

    Sending thoughts of wellness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better now young lady!

    What a beautiful old house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The farmhouse looks so much like my ancestor's house that my little sister will renovate next spring. Especially the porch with the gingerbread trim--our is exactly like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!