Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not A Lot Going On

Last Thursday was my birthday so I took the day off. I had to go to the Secretary of State office to get plates for both of our cars and my driver's license renewed. Of course, in spite of my best efforts, my new picture is as awful as the last one! Olson Mills they are not!!! Plus they had the audacity to ask me my weight! Can you believe that?

It got cold out the last few days and we even had a inch of snow. Can't complain really, so far this winter has been a piece of cake...knock on wood. We just have to get through the next month and a half and we are on our way to Spring once again!


This is my favorite little night light. The heat from the bulb is supposed to make the little shade go round and round...but since it got cold a few days ago it stopped moving! Sensitive little thing!!

Had the kids over for dinner last Sunday. I made mashed potatoes and usually I use red skin and don't peel them, but for some reason I used regular Idaho potatoes and peeled them. I put the peeling down the garbage disposal and jammed up the pipe downstairs so bad the water from the kitchen sink was filling up the wash tub downstairs!  I thought we were going to have to call a plumber!

Luckily, Rich had the idea to fill the sinks in the kitchen to the brim with hot water, block the wash tub downstairs and let the water drain from the kitchen sinks at the same time. It worked beautifully!! The pressure from the water draining pushed the blockage right out! No more potato peels in the garbage disposal any more.

Actually, I really shouldn't peel the potatoes at all. All the nutrients are in the skin.

Well, that's all the excitement for me these days! Tomorrow starts another week of work and waiting for Friday to get here!

6 comments:

  1. I love your new header, buddy. Beautiful!!

    Will have to go to the driver's license place soon; my photo is from like l994. LOL I hope there won't be any tests. Nowadays I've heard you have to take an arsenal of identification in order to renew. Is it that way for you guys?

    Hope you have a great week!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mug shots have to be better than the license pictures!

    Clever fix for the pipe. Glad you didn't have to call a plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo--I love that little light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate when the DMV gets nosey??Hahaaa...Happy late Birthday again Girl!
    And being in the plumbing business I say to you...NEVER put peelings in the disposer from anything...Especially in cold climes. Throw them into or on plants outside or the thrash...
    Potato peelings are the worst culprit...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, that plumbing disaster could have been bad! I love the potato peels - I think they are the tastiest part, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!