Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sunshine and Better Moods

Well, my mood is better today and the sun is shining as we speak. It's not supposed to last, and we are supposed to get some snow, but at least it's out for now!

I am having my son and daughter-in-law and her mom and step dad over for dinner on Saturday night. I am planning on having baked ziti, meatballs, salad and garlic bread. A real Italian dinner with home made sauce and everything. I plan on setting a very nice table with all of my Christmas dishes and tablecloth and glasses. It should look very nice.

My mind is already running through all the things I have to do beside the cooking. My kitchen floor needs a really good cleaning so that will be done first thing Saturday morning. Then of course the bathroom. And when you have as many cats as we do, I have to be diligent about making sure the cat hair is kept in control. How awful would it be if one of our guests finds a hair in their food or on the table? Gah!! I'll be stressing myself out by the time they arrive!

I actually love to entertain people although I don't very often. I guess when you work full time the weekends tend to be filled with errands and chores and stuff and then it's back to work before you know it. I am looking forward to good food and good company!

Totally off topic and off season but I'll leave you with a picture of my daylillies from this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!