Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Circle Of Life

It's been gloomy and all day. But the temperature has been warm and I have a feeling this is going to be a humid summer. I can feel it already!!

Last week a co worker's sister died from metastatic melanoma. She was only 37 years old. She had a melanoma removed from her chest in 2003. They got it all and she was in the clear. Then, it came back with a vengeance just before Christmas. In her lungs and basically all over her body. She died on March 30Th.

Today we went to her memorial service. It was sad, yet all the pictures they had of her all over the place showed a true celebration of her life.



And they gave everyone a little tree to plant in her memory.

On Saturday, we have to go to my nieces baby shower.

The circle of life.

4 comments:

  1. How sad to say goodbye to life so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Claire from http://reanaclaire.com

    Sorry to hear about the demise of your fren.. relapsing is very depressing, my own brother is undergoing chemo now and we have been praying fervently for him to recover.. may God's grace be upon him ..

    on the brighter side, hope you have a nice sunny summer.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sad. I was telling Patti about this, and reminding her of the dangers of the sun.

    That was touching about the trees, and very nice. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to remember someone. This is the first time I have heard of this, but how nice!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!