Tuesday, June 14, 2022

I Spoke Too Soon

First before I start this post I want to mention that I was still thinking about those snow people from the previous estate sale. I contemplated going back to the house to make an offer on them. Then while looking again at the picture I took I noticed the snow woman's nose was broken off! I don't know how I didn't notice that before! I guess I was so enamored by all the little birds! Anyway, that cured my desire for them so on with today's post! 

After commenting on my last post that I haven't seen many Estate Sales lately, on Saturday my friend Marie and I were driving from breakfast to Walmart and happened upon another Estate Sale. 

That's two in one weekend! 





This was a beautiful house on a lake in the town of Northville. I used to drive past it when I worked at the cider mill last year and so I was very excited to see the inside! The sale was run by a company called Estate Love! See the turret on the right side? Keep that in mind. 

While the previous post was all about the stuff at the sale, this one is mostly about the house! 

We had to put shoe covers on at the door and the first thing we saw was the jewelry!


Nothing jumped out at either one of us, so we moved on. 



This was a sitting room right outside the kitchen with beautiful leather furniture! You can see a glimpse of the lake out of the window.  Here's a closer look. 



They were selling some really beautiful pictures! 



Here's Marie going through them. Of course, we didn't buy any! 

The kitchen was gorgeous! 




This was a beautiful hutch was attached to the wall. 

This refrigerator! 

The fanciest one I've ever seen! Marie said it is a sub-zero.



This gorgeous fireplace was on the other side of the kitchen. 

Upstairs along the wall were these sconces. 


And this is looking across the stair opening. 



And this was what was inside the turret I asked you to keep in mind earlier. 


Isn't this adorable? This looked like it was a child's room and look at the crystal chandelier over the bed! 

But this was the best part of the house. 



This is the view from the balcony outside the master bedroom upstairs. 



And then from the patio and the yard.

This house was stunning and I was so glad to be able to take a peek inside! 

Marie and I looked it up on Zillow and it sold for a mere $2.45 million! You have to wonder who can afford to live in these houses?!

Neither one of us bought anything. We left and took our humble selves to Walmart! 

Until the next time stay safe and well my friends! 

16 comments:

  1. "We left and took our humble selves to Walmart!" Yep, that would have summed it up for me too, my friend. I've often thought the same thing about places like this.... who in the world can afford them?! Thank you for the tour! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my WORD!! This house is awesome. Especially this kitchen! And I love the tower. I always wonder what happened to the owners. With Estate Sales, is it always the case that they have died or in a nursing home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a gorgeous house. I can only dream of living somewhere like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to find a great estate sale with your friend! And what a lovely house to be able to tour and see! The views are spectacular! Just love the turret bedroom too! Glad you had such a fun day with your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful home!!! Love that huge refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That is a gorgeous house! It's just a little out of my price range though. :) I always think of the work involved in cleaning a house like that, but then, I'm sure they have cleaning help.
    I love the bedroom in the turret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be such a pretty place to live! I too wonder who can afford houses like this. I always wonder about the upkeep of it keeping it clean and that usually makes me happy for the small home we have lol. It would be fun to cook in that kitchen I do think especially with the size of that fridge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Bijoux. I’m having trouble commenting on some blogs. That house is gorgeous and the bedroom is to die for. We have a house in our development that’s around $2 million. The owners have been: corrupt county politician now in prison, a family who won a medical malpractice suit, and an NFL player.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is not some old person's home...

    Wonder if they got into financial trouble and it was taken back or something.......

    💗💓💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew! I can comment again. This is my 4th try…….

    That must have been a blast to ‘tour’ a house you’ve admired. That bedroom is to die for! We have a few multi million dollar homes in our development. I know that one guy owns a mortgage company. Another house has been owned by a crooked county politician (currently in prison), a family who won a hefty medical malpractice suit, and an NFL player.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I guess this is how the "other half" lives! Beautiful home. I love the views of the lake! And that kitchen!
    I haven't been able to visit your blog recently as my antivirus software had blocked me for some reason. Hope this works 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. That view is pretty spectacular but definitely out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a gorgeous house!! Glad you found the sale so you could see the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa - now that's some house! I've missed not going to estate sales not that I need anything. What I do need? Clearing out/throwing out stuff that has not been used in a long time including clothes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet to have a home on the water like that. I too love the fridge with the glass window...but then I'd have to keep it spic and span all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mercy! I could be very happy there! I would never ever leave ... not for anything. I would stay home and cook and invite all my friends over! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...