Thursday, July 21, 2022

Our Airbnb

The house we stayed in on Lake Michigan was gorgeous inside and out! It had 4 bedrooms and two full bathrooms on two floors. There was also a loft with a sleeping sofa. 

As with most Airbnb's we had pretty much everything we needed to live there for a week. 

Some of these pictures I took myself and some I got off their Vrbo page. I'll tell you what we liked and didn't like about it. 

This was the dining area and the kitchen on the main level.  


That is the front door in the left and the living room is to the right. 


The kitchen was not huge but pretty and had almost everything we needed.  My only complaint was that there was not a dish towel or dish cloth in sight! We had to use the hand towels from the bathroom! Or paper towel but we went through that very fast!




This was our bedroom for the week. The bed was small but pretty comfortable. We only had one window and it was not on the lake side so we had to run a couple fans to keep it from getting too stuffy! 



This was the living room on the main level. I took this picture off the VRBO site. Since that picture was taken the furniture was replaced by a big leather sectional sofa and two smaller chairs. It was a nice place to sit with my morning coffee and cuddle with Maxwell and Levi when they woke up. 



This is the lower level. It had two doors and big windows on the lake side of the house. See that spiral staircase? That was how you got to the upper level without walking outside and up the staircase out there! We worried about the boys but they quickly learned to hold on to the railing and were going up and down like champs! 


There were two bedrooms down here where Shauna and Brad and the boys slept. It also had a pool/ping pong table and a big cabinet with all sorts of toys, puzzles and games in it. There was also a badminton set and a croquet set. 



We did manage to get one game of just hit the ball all over the lawn croquet in! 




That spiral staircase also went up to the loft level. We all took a look at it and then never went up there again! It was too hot and we had plenty of room below to play! 



Shauna and I both loved this picture! It's just a mirror behind a cut out shape of Michigan. We looked and looked in all the shops but could not find one like it! 



These bears were cute and the boys kept going up and hugging them! They were also impressed that they were both taller than the small one! 


 

I failed to mention in my last post that we also celebrated Shauna's 41st birthday while we were there! 

So that's it for our annual family vacation! The house was beautiful but a little too expensive to continue going every year. Plus, there really wasn't a good swimming area for the boys. Brad is busy looking for places for next year with a beach being a priority and preferable on an in-land lake. Love Lake Michigan but it is cold and it's always windy! 

However, I'll take wherever they decide to go! 

Until the next time stay safe and well my friends! 
   
 








15 comments:

  1. πŸ’™ those windows in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. We have never tried Airbnb, but my son and his wife use them all the time and have had good luck. Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Shauna! I do like the house. I think with my age and my knees, lol, that spiral staircase would do me in :) I do like those bears. I can see why Levi and Maxwell enjoyed hugging them and "interacting" with them! That is so interesting with no dish towels. That's a pretty common thing in the kitchen so not sure why that was an oversight on the owner's part. Maybe people kept taking them? Good thing to remember to pack a few for next year's house, just in case :) I always look at AirBnb's when we are going some place but for some reason my husband is not fond of that concept so we usually get a hotel/motel room but then it is usually just the two of us traveling :)

    Thanks for sharing this with us! You'll blink and it will be next summer and you'll be enjoying whatever that adventure takes you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh Jeanette, thank you SO MUCH for the tour of your Airbnb. My goodness, no kitchen towels or washcloths... that's absolutely crazy! I wonder if the cleaning crew just forgot to replace the used ones after the last people? I loved reading all the pro's and can definitely understand all your con's you mentioned. I'll be anxious to see what you folks come up with for next year. Thank you once again for sharing your vacation with the rest of us and a happy new year ahead for Shauna. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look like a nice house. I can't believe they didn't have any kitchen towels. I wonder if the last people who were there took them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is large and rustic!! But do I understand that the dining room and kitchen were not very close?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they weren't too far apart. The picture makes it look longer than it was.

      Delete
  7. Not perfect but wonderful!!!!

    🌼🌱🌼 🌼🌱🌼

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear the annual family vacation went well and you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful photos of the beautiful Airbnb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see the house where you stayed. Looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a nice house to stay in. We've not ever done that yet - its so expensive here to rent one for just the 2 of us - anywhere in California, Oregon and Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful vacation! Time away with family is the best. I am a fan of the Airbnb's - so much better than staying in a hotel!
    This looks like a nice one. I love the Michigan picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a comfy, cozy place for your family. I love the bears and want them for myself!
    Happy belated birthday to Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the pros and cons. I also can't believe there were no kitchen towels. I'm glad you had a lovely vacation with your family and are looking forward to the next. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your honest review. The kitchen towel thing is a real puzzler. Two years ago we rented a big house one block off the beach in Holden Beach (Supply), North Carolina ... the big living room was great, with a beautiful, huge ceiling fan ... that did not work. Which really did not go over well with me because I like fans going in summer. It's funny to me that the airbnb's will charge you for breaking something, but you get no proration of the cost if something is broken already! Haaahaha ... but your place looks cozy enough and I'm sure Brad will find something even better for next year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...