Friday, July 8, 2022

Quick Post Before..

Our 4th of July weekend was fun. 

Saturday, we went to a BBQ at my brother's house where we ate too much, drank not enough and swam and laughed the night away! I always love our get togethers with my brothers and sisters-in-law and we definitely don't do it often enough! Of course, I have no pictures to share because I was enjoying the moment!

Monday we went to the Independence Day Parade with Shauna and the boys. It was your typical parade; old cars, the school marching band, city officials, Miss Michigan, even a school bus! But the best part according to Maxwell and Levi


Police cars, ambulances, rescue and fire trucks! Always facinating! 

Oh, and this surprise guest! 


Isn't Santa always in Independence Parades?!

After the parade on our way to the car we caught this lady.



She was riding this old bicycle or tricycle or whatever they called it from 1865. She made her costume too! 

That's it for me for a while. We are heading out soon for our annual week at a Airbnb with the family! 

I'll try to take a lot of pictures and tell you all about it next week!

Until then stay safe and well my friends! 

 



17 comments:

  1. Have an absolutely stupendous time with your family, dear friend! I know you will enjoy being all together! What fun pictures from the parade too. Yes, little boys and all things "noisy" & moving!! *lol* ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time with your family! I know you will Jeanette!! How cute with Santa at the parade. I had not ever seen that before for a 4th of July parade! I bet he had to be hot in that suit!! Looking forward to hearing your adventures when you are back home!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures from your 4th of July fun. Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely!!!!

    An old fashioned 4th of July Parade.

    Our city used to have a bigggggggg day of the 4th. With family events in the park. Food to buy. Activities for kids and etc. And Fireworks to cap it all off.

    Used to....

    Our now LIBERAL City had NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! This year.

    It's not fashionable or safe, to be Patriotic here, now, I guess. Might *OFFEND* someone. &*(^$%#%^^&

    GRRRRRRRRRRR.....

    &($%*^&#%*(T^##$&(*(%^#$^&*(%$$^&*&

    -Sigh-

    Gentle hugs,
    🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was she in the parade...did you get to see her ride it? I think this would have been my favorite. Have a great trip, bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was in the parade. She was weaving back and forth to each side of the street. I asked her if it was hard to ride and she said no, only up hills.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun parade! I love the lady with the bike.
    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her dress!! Bet it was a fun time!
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that bike!
    Have a safe, happy time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a lovely weekend! I wish we were closer, I could get your boys a ride in a police car AND a firetruck. (I have connections)
    I love the old bike and the lady who was riding it; so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great time with family and enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never attended a 4th of July parade when I've been in the States, now I want to go to one, it looks a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks idyllic -- everything you describe, and I'm glad you were too busy enjoying yourself to take pictures at the party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!